Imagine if If your child can’t play in the playground with friends like usual Whether it’s cycling, playing sports, or even doing general activities for children. with a risk of concussion even a little bit It can causes bleeding so much that I’m worried it could be life-threatening. How do you feel? Or sometimes when others see blood streaks and bruises on your child’s body. You may mistake the bruise for child abuse.
What is thrombocytopenia?
Immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) is a condition in which the patient has a decrease in platelet count. Caused by an abnormality of the immune system destroying platelets. As a result, the UFABET blood cannot clot. Therefore, bleeding can occur.
Causes of thrombocytopenia
Professor, M.D. Nongnuch Sirachainan, Department of Hematology and Pediatric Oncology Department of Pediatrics Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital Mahidol University said, “ITP is currently believed to be caused by the body being infected by a virus. thus building immunity to destroy the infection but also results in the destruction of their own platelets Other causes that are especially common in people with chronic thrombocytopenia include autoimmune disease (SLE), AIDS virus infection. Or viral hepatitis, etc. This disease can be found in all ages. The incidence is about 2-6 people per 100,000 people per year. Most patients have platelet counts below 50,000 per microliter. Bleeding symptoms are often associated with platelet count. Especially if the platelet count is below 10,000 per microliter, there is a chance of severe bleeding.”
Symptoms of thrombocytopenia
- There is often bleeding under the skin. or along the mucous membranes such as nosebleeds or gastrointestinal bleeding
- Some people may experience symptoms of anxiety, depression, and affect quality of life if the platelet count is low for a long time.
Treatment for thrombocytopenia
Many patients understand that this disease cannot be cured. but in reality More than 80% of ITP cases in children and 60-70% in adults can be cured. as a result of taking the drug regularly in case of low platelet count and bleeding symptoms. In addition, taking care of yourself Consumption of food that is beneficial to the body get enough rest fit exercise See a doctor regularly for appointments. will make the treatment more effective
Actions during periods of low platelet count
- Moderate exercise: Patients with thrombocytopenia should avoid strenuous physical activity. and there is a risk of affecting the body Therefore, it is recommended to exercise by walking, jogging or swimming, etc.
- Choose foods that are nutritious and in sufficient quantities for your body’s needs: Good foods that are beneficial to the body, such as green leafy vegetables, fruits that contain minerals and vitamins. and protein from meat such as fish, chicken, eggs, etc.
- Get enough rest: about 8 hours a day.
- Notice the changes: including abnormal bleeding. or weakness, which may be caused by blood loss
- Let the doctor know: If the patient needs to visit the dentist or another doctor. For safety, the doctor should be informed in advance that he or she has an underlying disease every time.
Finally, family encouragement and family involvement in caring for the patient is important. The patient should not be discouraged or discouraged. but should learn by diligently studying and living in a proper way In this way, patients with thrombocytopenia will be able to live a happy and quality life without difficulty.